Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Meet Chris!

For the past year, we have been lucky enough to have Chris on our team fostering for us. He's always willing to help us with odd jobs, run errands, and pretty much anything we need. Chris is also a Marine! He was in Ramadi, Iraq from 2006-2007 and on the Syrian border of Iraq from 2007-2008. He did two deployments of 8 months each as an infantry squad leader in the 3rd battalion 2nd Marines. He's our hero!!! Currently, Chris is working on a degree in Graphic Design and a graphic designer at Collins Digital Imaging. We are so glad to have someone like Chris helping us rescue and foster homeless pets. We are truly grateful for everything he does!


Name: Chris Collins


Location: Atlanta GA (midtown)


How long have you been fostering? Feb. 2010


Why do you foster? I foster because it fills the house with something special, like not only do I get to have dogs, but I get to know im helping them at the same time.


Do you tend to foster any animal or breed? I like all types of dogs, from huskies to chihuahuas I tend to go for the bigger dogs because they need a place sometimes more than the smaller ones.


Who was your favorite/most memorable foster pet and why? The most memorable foster was definitely Rosie the pug. She was hilarious and snored sooo loud I did not think I was ever going to sleep....eventually it became like a noise machine for me.


What have you learned by fostering? I have learned that people really have no clue how bad the homeless animal situation is and some people are virtually impossible to even educate.


Favorite quote/saying? "One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings." - Diogenes (greek Philosopher)




Chris with his two current fosters---Garrett and Suze.