Friday, June 11, 2010

Hollis the Beagle gets a home!


It was a Saturday, almost 3 weeks ago that Hollis came into my life. I was whizzing down a busy highway, taking my own sick cat to an emergency Vet. and there she was! A scared and confused girl -less than 3 feet from the road! All kind of thoughts ran through my head...I had a sick cat I had to get to the Vet and I already have a foster dog at home and 9 foster cats! It only took me a split second to swing the car around. I held my breath wondering if she would even come to me. I threw open the car door and Hollis hopped in! It was obvious that Hollis had recently been pregnant and that's why someone had dumped her. The fact that I share this earth with someone that could throw away a loving and good companion like Hollis, makes me sick! Like a miracle Hollis was a young and healthy girl. She was heartworm negative and came through all her "Vetting" with flying colors! Undaunted by the way the world had treated her to this point, she was a dear! She loved every child, cat, and other dog she has met over the last 3 weeks. Just a few hours ago, I delivered Hollis to her new WONDERFUL home! She will be a very spoiled and loved companion. Her new Dad even stayed home from work today to meet and greet her! Hollis, you've come a long way baby! I am better for having had you come into my life!
P.S. The cat is fine too!