Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Emily Update!

Emily is finally showing signs that she's feeling better! She's playing with her toys and is much more active this morning. She ate all of her breakfast and is exploring her space instead of getting back in her bed to continue scratching. The tips of her ears are almost healed and I can see signs of healing on her legs as well. I will be giving her a medicated bath later today and that should help with the flaking skin. She hated the first bath so I decided to wait a few days to give her another one since it stressed her out so bad the first time.
Emily continues to be a sweet little girl and is so well behaved. I know it's hard on her being alone most of the day and I feel terrible about it. There is no other choice until we get rid of the mites because I can't take a chance of spreading it through my house. That's one of the bad things about sarcoptic mange but the good thing is that it's easier to treat than demodex. I do know she's in a better situation than being on the street suffering and her time alone will only be temporary. Once we get her healed she will go to another foster home where she'll have other puppies to play with her. She will need that socialization to learn how to interact with other dogs. Someone is going to be very lucky to have her as a member of their family!

More updates to come......